This course explains all facets of payroll processing from organisation and payroll components setup, to recording staff data, assigning work patterns, creating payroll transactions, leave entries and pay adjustments in a payroll cycle. You will also learn how to calculate, reconcile and update a pay.
This course should be attended by persons who have previously attended (or have relevant experience):
- Introduction and Navigation course
The course requires a basic knowledge of working with our system as well as understanding of payroll requirements of your organisation.
Note, courses may be run in either ichris or chris21 - please check the course date to see which interface will be used.
What you will learn ...
The course will introduce you to the functionality for:
- creating new staff member entries and recording static payroll data
- creating and assigning work patterns
- processing a payrun including payments and reports
- managing the payroll month end procedures
Setup for payroll processing
- define the organisation structure and positions
- add a position number to our system
- maintain payroll components
- maintain award structures
Maintain staff details for payroll
- add a staff member to our system
- maintain other staff details affecting payroll
- produce reports
Create a work pattern
- define a work pattern
- assign a work pattern
Enter payroll data
- prepare to process a payrun
- administer leave
- adjust a staff member's pay
Process a payroll
- review payrun pre-calculation reports
- calculate pay
- review payrun post-calculation reports
- reconcile a payroll
- update a payroll
- generate a payslip
- process offline payments and adjust Year-to-Date values
- reconcile recurring payroll processing
Dates and Venues
This course has no sessions yet. Please check back later.