This course explains advanced Report Designer concepts including file linking, user-defined dates and calculated fields as well as adding a Report Designer report to a custom form.
This course should be attended by persons who have previously attended the following courses (or have relevant experience):
- Introduction and Navigation course
- Report Designer course
The course requires a basic knowledge of working with our system as well as understanding of reporting requirements of your organisation.
Note, courses may be run in either ichris or chris21 - please check the course date to see which interface will be used.
What you will learn ...
The course will introduce you to the functionality for:
- Use calculated fields within reports
- Create statistical reports with basic logic
- Link files across the database
- Create tailored summary lists with the Filter Designer
- Customise the parent window
- Create mail merges and pivot tables
- Convert reports into ichris and chris²¹ forms
Creating and using calculated fields
- logical and arithmetic operators
- nested calculations
- tabular/matrix printing
Advanced date handling
- Mixing data from different parent families
- Scheduling reports
Outputs to other programs
- creating mail merges
- mail merging to email
- creating pivot tables
Other related features
- using the Filter Designer
- customising the parent window
- creating forms from reports
Dates and Venues
This course has no sessions yet. Please check back later.